Thursday, June 17, 2010

Food Baby!!!

With only about a month left before I leave for Zambia, I have begun scrambling to consume as many of my favorite comfort foods as possible. This may seem like an easy task, but right now, I sit here typing feeling extremely uncomfortable, pregnant with a slaw dog, french fries, and two glasses of Pepsi, and I wonder if I can go on. I have done pretty well so far, tried to pace myself, and have a few more things to eat before I feel like I am ready for Africa. So far my food triumphs include: Biscuit Factory, Krispy Kreme, Thai food, a waffle cone of Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey, Dog House, pizza, and a banana split. Still to come are BBQ, a Cookout milkshake, Alex’s House breakfast, Mediterranean Deli, and fried chicken. I am a little over halfway there, so I hope I can see this through to the finish. Elasticized pants are definitely in my future, and I am thankful that I hear that those wraps women wear in Zambia can be very forgiving. Let’s hope so at least!

Ugh, off to take some tums and digest…

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps