Monday, July 19, 2010

FREAKING OUT!!!

I have cried at least once each day for the past 5 days. The stress of preparation and saying goodbye has proven to be very difficult. I have been assured by returned volunteers that the first part of this journey will be the worse though, and I am hopeful that they are correct. I think that once I get to Zambia and get busy settling in and eventually find a routine, things will be better. I am still very excited to be embarking in such an incredible experience, and know that this is an opportunity I would never want to pass up.

I have included my mailing address during training to the right. I have heard that during the first 8-9 weeks, internet access is spotty, so contact via letter writing is suggested. If you feel like sending a letter to a land far far away, get out your stationary and get creative! I will appreciate hearing from you : )

I have to bring this post to a quick close, as I need to go wrestle with my suitcase for the rest of the day. Next time I write, I will probably be in Zambia!

Take care while I’m away!

Love,

Salley

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps